Team News

Published on April 13th, 2017 | by admin


Senior Football O’Cahan Cup Quarter Final Dunloy 3-10 St. Enda’s 0-09

Senior Football O’Cahan Cup Quarter Final – Wednesday 12th April –  Dunloy v St Endas

Match report by Dominic Dillon

It was a good start to the season but it was also a costly one as few of the team picked up knocks and there was 7 changes from the victory against Ardoyne. Kevin McQuillan, Kieran Hughes and Sean Doherty all were rested to the bench along with Ryan Elliott, Keelan Molloy, Nigel Elliott and Conal Cunning. It was a chance for Dillon to try out a few new faces. Conor Kinsella, Chrissy McMahon and Liam McCann all part of the minor team from last year got their first senior start.

With so many changes it was hard to know what to expect but it didn’t take too long to see what was coming. Dunloy started fast and were dominant and after a great pass from captain for the day Fitzpatrick found McAllister there was only one outcome as Rev rounded the St Enda’s keeper and found the back of the net. This startled St Enda’s and they were firmly shook when McAllister again found space in the area before slotting the ball below the keeper and Dunloy led 2-00 – 0-00 after 10 minutes. Dunloy were in complete control and with wing backs Kinsella and McGuigan bombing forward at every chance St Enda’s forwards were in defence more than attack. St Enda’s registered their only score of the half on the 24th minute but from the resulting kick out Dunloy found the net again. Shane Dooey popping up all over the park started a flowing move which found its way to Murphy who had made his way into the box and once in space Bean rattled the ball to into bottom corner of the net. A well-deserved goal for Murphy as he had covered every blade of grass in the 1st half.

H/T Dunloy 3-05 0-01 St Enda’s

St Endas started the half brightly and tried to bring themselves back into the game as they knocked over 3 points in a row but Dunloy responded with a few of their own the best from the little magician at corner forward Liam McCann. Both teams traded scores in a second half which didn’t really see much goal mouth activity but when called upon late in the 2nd half McNally flew of his line to thwart the St Endas corner forward. A very good nights work for Dunloy with so many changes. A big plus on the night was the return of Karl ‘Pappy’ O’Kane. KP has been out since the start of the season and the 20 minutes he got in the second half will please the management as he has been a rock in the defence as past 2 seasons.

F/T Dunloy 3-10 0-09 St Enda’s

Kevin McAllister firmly showing age is only a number with a fantastic display. Rev scored 2-04 and ran the defence ragged from start to finish.  At the other end of the age spectrum you have Liam McCann still a minor this year he was brilliant throughout the hour scored a few himself but made runs St Enda’s could not deal with and like Kinsella and McMahon he will have no problem adjusting to Senior Football.

A pleasing week for Dunloy Senior footballers but tougher tests await no more so than the next league game in Ballymena on Wednesday 19th April. The game is a 7pm throw in and support is always welcome


  1. paul McNally
  2. Oran Corrigan
  3. Duane Scott
  4. Stephen McToal (Replaced by Ciaran Doherty 55 minutes)
  5. Conor Kinsella
  6. Gabriel McTaggart (Replaced by Ewan Dixon 50 minutes)
  7. Cathair McGuigan
  8. Miceal Murphy (Replaced by Peter McQuillan 45 minutes)
  9. Karl Fitzpatrick (Captain)
  10. Shane Dooey (Replaced by Karl O’Kane 40 minutes)
  11. Chrissy McMahon
  12. Ryan O’Reilly
  13. Kevin McAllsiter
  14. Stephen McAlone (Replaced by Niall Smyth 50 minutes)
  15. Liam McCann

About the Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to Top ↑